- Peach and raspberry (with spinach)
- Banana, chocolate and peach (with lettuce)
- Chocolate, peanut butter and banana (with avocado)*
- Salad vegetable smoothie (avocado, pepper, tomato, celery and avocado with olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
I'm not likely to be making and eating smoothies a couple of times a day, or even every day; it's just not convenient time-wise. If I could make one in the morning and have it still in a good state for an afternoon snack at work that might work, but it seems to me that they're best consumed within an hour of making at the longest.
Anyone of the smoothie making crowd out there got any suggestions or experience in keeping them fresh for a few hours or longer? And any ideas for more, distinctly different savoury smoothies to make?
* - recipe added on request:-
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein, or 1tsp good cocoa powder
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 fresh avocado
- 1/2 fresh peach (do not peel!)
- 25g crunchy peanut butter
- 2x ice cubes
- 150ml skimmed milk