So, here's the recipe. Serves 1 and scales up fine. The portion will look small, but trust me it is unbelievably filling! 350kcals, almost 90% from fat, and 3.2g available carbs.
- 20g pecan nuts (not roasted, not salted, just plain)
- 1 tbsp (7.5g) desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp (15g) golden linseed (brown linseed seems to have a lot more available carb)
- 1/4tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- 1tsp Splenda (or stevia, or xylitol, it's up to you)
- 1tbsp double cream
- 1/2tsp (2g) coconut oil (you could use cocoa butter instead if you like)
- 75-80ml boiling water
- Put linseeds, pecans and sea salt into a pestle and mortar and grind to the consistency of meal. The coarser you leave it, the crunchier and nuttier the porridge will be. You do want the seeds quite fine though, so grind them up first, then add the nuts and grind to desired texture.
- Mix desiccated coconut in with the ground seeds and nuts and add the boiling water. Leave to stand for a couple of minutes to thicken, then stir thoroughly and add the vanilla, coconut oil, Splenda and cream.
You can vary the proportions... to increase fibre but keep kcals constant, up the linseeds and water but drop the pecans; to increase fat, up the coconut oil (this will increase the kcals, not much point trying to reduce them). I had 2tbsp cream rather than 1 and it was lovely!