Serves 1; 7 ProPoints per serving (247kcals, protein 35g, carbs 20g, fat 1g, fibre 0.5g, fruit and veg 0.5)
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2tbsp chinese/japanese cooking wine (mirin) or sherry
- 1 star anise (I couldn't get any, but it was fine without)
- 1 clove
- juice of 1/2 orange (I used 1/2 lemon, I prefer a sharper flavour)
- zest of 1/2 orange (I used lemon again)
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- thumb sized piece of ginger
- (1/2 a chilli - not in the recipe, but I like it and it adds flavour not carbs/kcals)
Cut the ginger into matchsticks, slice the chilli, zest the fruit...
Put the soy sauce, mirin, fruit juice, fruit zest, (chilli) clove and star anise in a pan with a lid and bring to the boil.
Cover and turn off the heat. Leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken to the pan, spoon over the sauce and bring back to the boil., cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, spooning sauce over periodically.
Turn the chicken 1/2 way through the cooking.
Remove the chicken from the pan, slice diagonally and serve with the sauce spooned over the top.
Serve with 40g brown rice and add another 4 ProPoints.
I served with brown rice and steamed cabbage (cooked both at the same time in the StarChef - handy!) and this was absolutely -heavenly-! Seriously delicious! I am really impressed with this recipe; it's going on my "Standard, Easy And Tasty" list.
OMG sounds divine! I love anything with soy sauce in it though. Photos were fab.ReplyDelete