- 1x huge, fat courgette (about 240g), topped, tailed and split length-ways
- 2x red peppers (about 130g), topped, de-seeded and split in half
- 2x huge double-handfuls of cherry tomatoes (about 200g)
Arrange all of that on a baking try, drizzle with 20ml olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast at a lowish heat, about 150-160C, for about an hour until things start to look quite chewy.
- 6x celery stalks (about 170g)
- 1x garlic clove (about 3g)
- 30g capers
- 1x stock cube dissolved in about 500ml boiling water
Let everything cool down a bit (make sure you get all the oil and chewy bits off the baking tray, use the hot stock if you need to to shift it) , put it in something big enough and tall enough so you can blend it until mostly smooth without splattering yourself and the kitchen. Blend it up! Serve either at room temperature or re-heated. Makes 2 very generous portions at around 170kcals per portion. Remember that the chilli heat is't going to accumulate, so don't panic when you first taste it! A nice dollop of cool sour cream or creme fraiche goes nicely on top. Also, one portion provides all five of your 5 a day!
|Fruit & Veg||5.1|