Serves 4 (397kcals, 57g protein, 19.6g carbs, 6.2g fat, 3g fibre, 1.5 fruit & veg)
- 1 largeish or 2 small (250g) onions
- 1 tablespoon (30g) wholemeal flour
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 to 4 (200g) carrots
- 1 tablespoon 15ml olive oil
- 2 packs (1kg) buffalo, cubed braising steak
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp/ fresh rosemary
- 4 fat cloves garlic
- 20g cranberry sauce/cherry jam/any sweet and tangy preserve (not citrus marmalade)
- 200ml red wine
Chop the onions, slice the carrots, finely slice the garlic and chop the herbs.
Sweat the onions and brown the meat.
Sprinkle the flour over and stir a bit, then add everything else and cook on low/in a slow cooker for 3-6 hours.
Serve with root veg mash (or rice, or couscous, or a hunk of bread) and eat.